All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER On the planet Tython, the ancient Je daii order was founded. And at the feet of its wise Masters, Laree Brock learned the mysteries and methods of the Force and found her calling as one of its most powerful disciples. But as strongly as the Force flowed within Laree and her parents, it remained absent in her brother, who grew to despise and shun the Je daii, and whose training in its ancient ways ended in tragedy. Now, from her solitary life as a Ranger keeping order across the galaxy, Laree has been summoned by the Je daii Council on a matter of utmost urgency. The leader of a fanatical cult, obsessed with traveling beyond the reaches of kwn space, is bent on opening a cosmic gateway using dreaded dark matter as the key risking a cataclysmic reaction that will consume the entire star system. But more shocking to Laree than even the prospect of total galactic annihilation, is the decision of her Je daii Masters to task her with the mission of preventing it. Until a staggering revelation makes clear why she was chosen: The brilliant, dangerous madman she must track down and stop at any cost is the brother whose death she has long grieved and whose life she must w fear. Includes a special, full-color excerpt from the Dark Horse comic Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi and an original Dawn of the Jedi short story by John Ostrander!Praise for Into the Void In a story filled with adventure, intrigue, and great quotes, there s a lot to like in this book. Tim Lebbon dives into his very first Star Wars story with a great deal of success. He manages to spin a tale that feels like Star Wars, but also feels different from other stories that have been told before. While there is some threat of system wide destruction, the point is never pushed to being ridiculous. The characters feel believable and provoke interest. The attention to the characters never takes away from the plot. There s also a remarkable balance between world building, plot and character development, and action. When it comes down to it, Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void is just great storytelling. Roqoo Depot A nice, compact Star Wars tale that both acts as an introduction to the Dawn of the Jedi period and a standalone story. Club Jade A solidly enjoyable read . . . a nice addition to the Expanded Universe. Tosche Station A good solid Star Wars adventure story with heart. Knights ArchiveFrom the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyTim Lebbon is a New York Times bestselling writer whose recent books include The Secret Journeys of Jack London series (co-authored with Christopher Golden), Echo City, The Island, and Bar None. He has won four British Fantasy Awards, a Bram Stoker Award, and a Scribe Award, and has been a finalist for International Horror Guild, Shirley Jackson, and World Fantasy awards.
- Author(s)Tim Lebbon
- PublisherDel Rey Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleStar Wars: Dawn of the Jedi
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDel Rey Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width110 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- richoshow01 Nov, 2016by
Excellent book that is well written. A great view in to the early star wars universe.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.39
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.39
- AU $27.35Trending at AU $28.49
- AU $20.03Trending at AU $20.72
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.