All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet in 1750's Pennsylvania, INTO THE WILDERNESS depicts life in the Allegheny Mountains and the Northeast at the beginning of the French and Indian War. Noah Wilde is a long hunter, a man who hunts game for settlements and forts and is sometimes gone for months at a time.Sixteen-year-old Jessica Matthews is attacked by Ottawa Indians and is saved by Noah, who is wounded in the encounter. As Noah recovers at Jessica's mountain cabin, he and Jessica fall in love, but Noah, who is secretly spying for the English government, has a mission to fulfill and is forced to leave once he recovers.Noah's role in an earlier French versus English battle forces his imprisonment, and he is unable to return to Jessica in time to save her and her family from an Indian attack that leaves her parents and brother dead and sees Jessica captured by Delaware Indians.After his release, Noah is sent on a new mission with a young George Washington, and when he discovers what happened to Jessica, he leaves to search for her. He once again risks his life to free her.Although Noah and Jessica are fictitious characters, INTO THE WILDERNESS is filled with real history, characters, and adventures that depict the courage and determination necessary for the birth and growth of the United States of America.
- Author BiographyRosanne Bittner and her husband, Larry, live in southwest Michigan and have two grown sons. Ms. Bittner is the author of more than fifty books about the American West of the 1800s and Native Americans. She is a member of Romance Writers of America, Western Writers of America, Western Outlaw-Lawman History Association, Nebraska Historical Society, Oregon-California Trails Association, the Council on America's Military Past, and Women Writing the West. She has received numerous writing awards and several of her books have been published in translation in France, Italy, Norway, Germany, Taiwan, and Russia.
- Author(s)Rosanne Bittner
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTor Books
- Weight136 g
- Width89 mm
- Height171 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.