All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second edition presents a completely revised overview of research on intonational phology since the 1970s, including new material on research developments since the mid 1990s. It contains a new section discussing the research on the alignment of pitch features that has developed since the first edition was published, a substantially rewritten section on ToBI transcription that takes account of the application of ToBI principles to other languages, and new sections on the phonetic research on accent and focus. The substantive chapters on the analysis and transcription of pitch contours, pitch range, sentence stress and prosodic structure have been reorganised and updated. In addition, there is an associated website with sound files of the example sentences discussed in the book. This well-kwn study will continue to appeal to researchers and graduate students who work on any aspect of intonation.
- Author BiographyD. Robert Ladd is Professor of Linguistics in the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences at the University of Edinburgh. He has published extensively on various aspects of intonation in the field's leading journals, including Language, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, and Journal of Phonetics.
- Author(s)D. Robert Ladd
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/12/2008
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 tables 6 music examples
- Weight720 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.