All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntraoperative Frozen Sections presents diagstic challenges involved in the evaluation in the pathology lab of specimens obtained during surgery through the case experience of expert pathologists. Sixty three problems cover the wide range of approximately of problems encountered in intraoperative consultations. Each presentation provides the case information as presented to the consultant, the evaluation and analysis of the specimen, discussion of the results and teaching points observed in the case, and an overall comment providing additional context for the diagstic problem that has been presented. This problem-oriented format makes the book a superb reference resource for the working diagstician and an ideal teaching tool for the resident or fellow. Coverage includes paediatric specimens and there is a section describing recognition of artifacts. Each case presentation is supported by several high-quality colour photomicrographs with detailed explanations of each image, including images of the permanent sections and immustains where applicable. Features of Intraoperative Frozen Sections Include: * Cases outline expert approach to diagstic problems and technical issues most likely to be encountered in frozen section analysis. ** Coverage includes pediatric specimens and recognition of artifacts. ** Special emphasis on difficult problems and avoiding diagstic pitfalls. ** Provides common differential diagses for specific lesions seen in frozen section analysis (e.g. mimics of renal neoplasia). ** Nearly 500 high-quality colour photomicrographs and detailed discussions of diagstic features of each image.
- Author BiographyPedram Argani, MD, Professor of Pathology and Oncology, Director of Breast Pathology, Johns Hopkins. Ashley Cimino-Mathews, MD, Assistant Professor of Pathology, Johns Hopkins.
- Author(s)Ashley Cimino-Mathews,Pedram Argani
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleConsultant Pathology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Content NoteColour illustrations
- Weight1043 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.