All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWhen seven-year-old Dave Lowell was camped out at his father's mine in the hills of southern Arizona in 1935, he knew he had found his calling. Life couldn't get any better than this, he recalls. I didn't kw what science was, but wisps of scientific thought were already working into my plan. So began the legendary career of the engineer, geologist, explorer, and international businessman whose life is recounted in his own words in this captivating book. An Arizona native with family roots in territorial times, Lowell grew from modest beginnings on a ranch near Nogales to become a major world figure in the fields of minerals, mining, and ecomic geology. He has personally discovered more copper than anyone in history and has developed multibillion-dollar gold and copper mines that have changed the ecomies of nations. And although he has consulted for corporations in the field of mining, he has largely operated as an independent agent and explorer, the architect of his own path and success. His life's story unfolds in four stages: his early education in his field, on-the-job learning at sites in the United States and Mexico, development of exploration strategies, and finally, the launch of his own enterprises and companies. Recurring themes in Lowell's life include the strict personal, ethical, and tactical policies he requires of his colleagues; his devotion to his family; and his distaste for being away from the field in a corporate office, even to this day. The magnitude of Lowell's overall success is evident in his list of mine discoveries, as well as in his scientific achievements and the ermous respect his friends and colleagues have had for him throughout his lengthy career, which he continues to zealously pursue.
- Author BiographyJ. David Lowell works full time as the CEO of an active mineral exploration company with offices in Paraguay, Peru, Mexico, Canada, and Arizona. He is the author of more than fifty articles and parts of four books on geology and mining. He and his wife, Edith, live on a cattle ranch near the Mexican border, sixty miles south of Tucson.
- Author(s)J. David Lowell
- PublisherUniversity of Arizona Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationTucson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Arizona Press
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.