All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntricacies of Patriotism presents a selection of concepts of patria along with their corresponding forms of patriotism. The various contributions represent different backgrounds and draw a picture of patria as a universal value that is indispensible to one's sense of self-awareness, and the identity of groups. The different understandings of patria in this collection are examples of employing patriotism to advance the identity of the group, or the individuals within it. While eulogists of cosmopolitanism tend to portray patriotism as anachronistic and irreconcilable with the man-of-the-world-style , the tion of patria seems to be motivated by a deep concern to preserve patriotic feelings in an undistorted fashion, and to preserve them as a value of utmost importance.
- Author BiographyMaciej Hulas is Assistant Professor of Sociology at the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin. His field of research is Catholic social thought and sociology of public sphere. Stanislaw Fel is Professor and Dean of the Faculty of Social Science at the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin. He is a member of the Association for Catholic Social Ethics in Central Europe in Vienna and on the Scientific Board of Ordo Socialis in Cologne. His field of research is Catholic social thought and economic ethics.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication07/10/2015
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight410 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byMaciej Hulas,Stanislaw Fel
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.