All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhere is Antarctica? Does anyone live there? Do any plants grow in Antarctica? This book answers these questions and more as it introduces young readers to the continent of Antarctica through age-appropriate maps, engaging photographs, and simple text. Topics covered within the book include where the continent is, climate, geography, animals and plants, natural resources, and famous places.
- Author BiographyAnita Ganeri is an award-winning author of information books for children. Educated at Cambridge University, she has written more than 300 books, including the best-selling 'Horrible Geography' series (Scholastic Children's Books) which won a 2009 Blue Peter Book Award. She writes widely on animals and the natural world. A recent title for Raintree, A Day in the Life of Rainforest Animals: Capybara, has been shortlisted for a Maryland Blue Crab Award 2012. Anita lives in the north of England with her husband, children and assorted pets.
- Author(s)Anita Ganeri
- PublisherCapstone Global Library Ltd
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleYoung Explorer: Introducing Continents
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white, and colour), maps (colour)
- Width195 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Interest AgeFrom 6
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.