All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the most accessible architectural theory book that exists. Korydon Smith presents each common architectural subject - such as tectonics, use, and site - as though it were a conversation across history between theorists by providing you with the original text, a reflective text, and a philosophical text. He also introduces each chapter by highlighting key ideas and asking you a set of reflective questions so that you can hone your own theory, which is essential to both your success in the studio and your adaptability in the profession. These primary source texts, which are central to your understanding of the discipline, were written by such architects as Le Corbusier, Robert Venturi, and Adrian Forty. The appendices also have guides to aid your reading comprehension; to help you write descriptively, analytically, and disputationally; and to show you citation styles and how to do library-based research. More than any other architectural theory book about the great thinkers, Introducing Architectural Theory teaches you to think as well.
- Author BiographyKorydon Smith is Associate Professor in the Fay Jones School of Architecture at the University of Arkansas. He teaches courses in architectural theory, methods, and design, and has coordinated design studios at all year levels.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byKorydon Smith
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.