All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing Consciousness provides a comprehensive guide to the current state of consciousness studies. It starts with the history of the philosophical relation between mind and matter, and proceeds to scientific attempts to explain consciousness in terms of neural mechanisms, cerebral computation and quantum mechanics. Along the way, readers will be introduced to zombies and Chinese Rooms, ghosts in machines and Schrodinger's cat.
- Author BiographyDavid Papineau is Professor of Philosophy of Science at King's College London. Howard Selina is an acclaimed graphic artist.
- Author(s)David Papineau
- PublisherIcon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Series TitleIntroducing...
- Place of PublicationDuxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIcon Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width135 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Howard Selina
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.