All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a lucid and practical guide to understanding the core skills and issues involved in the criminal investigation process. Guiding students through a mock criminal investigation, each chapter introduces a layer of the crime scene and an investigative activity to allow students to develop a true comprehension of how forensic and criminal investigation takes place. Drawing on multiple disciplines and perspectives, the book promotes a critical awareness and practical comprehension of the intersections between crimilogy, criminal investigation, and forensic science and uses active learning strategies to help students build their kwledge and ensure that the veracity of evidence and decision making is clear. The book is organised around the three key strategic phases in a criminal investigation: - Instigation and Initial Response - The Investigation - Case Management Each strategic phase of the investigative process is discussed to ensure the processes and responsibilities are relayed in a logical and practical structure. Alongside this practical approach, theoretical perspectives and academic research are laid bare for students. Targeted at undergraduate students studying forensic and criminal investigation, this book is the perfect balance of practical and theoretical learning for students in crimilogy, criminal justice, policing, forensic psychology and related courses.
- Author BiographyDr Jane Monckton-Smith is a senior lecturer in Criminology at the University of Gloucestershire. Professor Adam Hart is a biologist and Reader in Science Communication at the University of Gloucestershire. Julia Webb is a senior lecturer and technician at the University of Gloucestershire. Tony Adams is a former Detective Superintendent.
- Author(s)Dr. Adam Hart,Jane Monckton Smith,Julia Webb,Julie Newberry,Tony Adams
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.