All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing Functional Grammar, third edition, provides a user-friendly overview of the theoretical and practical aspects of the systemic functional grammar (SFG) model. No prior kwledge of formal linguistics is required as the book provides: * An opening chapter on the purpose of linguistic analysis, which outlines the differences between the two major approaches to grammar - functional and formal. * An overview of the SFG model - what it is and how it works. * Advice and practice on identifying elements of language structure such as clauses and clause constituents. * Numerous examples of text analysis using the categories introduced, and discussion about what the analysis shows. * Exercises to test comprehension, along with answers for guidance. The third edition is updated throughout, and is based closely on the fourth edition of Halliday and Matthiessen's Introduction to Functional Grammar. A glossary of terms, more exercises and an additional chapter are available on the companion website at: www.routledge.com/cw/thompson. Introducing Functional Grammar remains the essential entry guide to Hallidayan functional grammar, for undergraduate and postgraduate students of language and linguistics.
- Author BiographyGeoff Thompson is Honorary Senior Fellow at the School of English, University of Liverpool.
- Author(s)Geoff Thompson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.