All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeomorphology is the study of the earth's landforms and the processes that made the landscape look the way it does today. What we see when we look at a scenic view is the result of the interplay of the forces that shape the earth's surface. These operate on many different timescales and involve geological as well as climatic forces. Adrian Harvey introduces the varying geomorphological forces and differing timescales which thus combine: from the global, which shape continents and mountain ranges; through the regional, producing hills and river basins; to the local, forming beaches, glaciers and slopes; to those micro scale forces which weather rock faces and produce sediment. Finally, he considers the effect that humans have had on the world's topography. Introducing Geomorphology provides a structured and easily accessible introduction to the science of geomorphology for those with an adult curiosity about the landscape and for those contemplating a course of formal study in physical geography, geology or environmental studies. As with sister volumes, technical terms are kept to a minimum and a glossary is provided.
- Author BiographyProfessor Adrian Harvey retired recently from the University of Liverpool where he taught undergraduate courses in geomorphology. As editor in chief a the leading academic journal in the field he is uniquely placed to condense his encyclopedic knowledge of geomorphology into this introduction to the subject.
- Author(s)Adrian Harvey
- PublisherDunedin Academic Press
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDunedin Academic Press
- Content Notecolour illus.
- Weight272 g
- Width165 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $40.04Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $101.00Trending at AU $118.99
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.