All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the biggest-selling titles in the Introducing series, J.P. McEvoy and Oscar Zarate's utterly brilliant Introducing Quantum Theory explores one of the most challenging, thrilling and mysterious areas of science. Taking the reader on a step-by-step tour, they tackle the puzzle of the wave-particle duality, Schrodinger's 'dead and alive cat', the EPR paradox and much more, explaining this toriously difficult theory with patience, wit and clarity. It is w more than a century since Einstein's theories of Special and General Relativity began to revolutionise our view of the universe. Beginning near the speed of light and proceeding to explorations of space-time and curved spaces, Introducing Relativity plots a visually accessible course through the thought experiments that have given shape to contemporary physics. This is a superlative, fascinating graphic account of Einstein's strange world and how his legacy has been built upon since. If a butterfly flaps its wings in Brazil, does it cause a tornado in Texas? Described as 'a beautifully succinct primer ...most recommended' by Time Out, Ziauddin Sardar and Iwona Abrams' Introducing Chaos attempts to answer bafflingly difficult questions like this. Explaining how chaos makes its presence felt in events from the fluctuation of the animal population to the ups and downs of the stock market, the book offers a uniquely approachable introduction to an astonishing and controversial theory.
- Author(s)Bruce Bassett,J. P. McEvoy,Ziauddin Sardar
- PublisherIcon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleIntroducing...
- Place of PublicationDuxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIcon Books Ltd
- Weight544 g
- Width120 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Illustrator(s)Iwona Abrams,Ralph Edney,Oscar Zarate
- Contained items statement3 Paperbacks
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.