All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing graphic vel-style illustration combined with accessible but authoritative text, the Introducing Graphic Guide series is a uniquely brilliant way to get your head around some of humankind's most thrilling ideas. Introducing Consciousness: What have zombies, Chinese Rooms, ghosts in machines and Schrodinger's cat go to do with consciousness? Modern science may have split the atom and solved the mystery of life, but it has yet to explain the source of conscious feelings. Introducing Psychoanalysis offers new insights into the nature of psychoanalytic theory and original ways of describing therapeutic practice. How do psychoanalysts conceptualize the mind? Why was Freud so interested in sex? Is psychoanalysis a science? How does analysis work? Introducing Psychology: A fascinating guide to the whole subject of psychology - an ideal introduction for anyone interested in why we do what we do and think what we think. What is psychology? When did it begin? Where did it come from? How does psychology compare with psychiatry and psychotherapy? Is it scientific?
- Author(s)Angus Gellatly,David Papineau,Nigel Benson
- PublisherIcon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Series TitleIntroducing...
- Place of PublicationDuxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIcon Books Ltd
- Weight544 g
- Width120 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Illustrator(s)Howard Selina,Oscar Zarate
- Contained items statement3 Paperbacks
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.