All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompact INTRODUCING guide to Christianity's central figure. Christianity depends on the belief that the Jesus of history is identical with the Christ of faith, and that God in the person of Jesus intervened finally and decisively in human history. But is the historical Jesus the same as the Christian Saviour? And how did an obscure provincial religion based on the paradox of a crucified saviour conquer the Roman Empire and outlive it? INTRODUCING JESUS - A GRAPHIC GUIDE confronts the enigmas. It sets Jesus in the perspective of his time - within Judaism and its expectations of a Messiah, in the atmosphere of Greek philosophy and the Roman deification of emperors. It traces the development of Christianity from St. Paul and the Romanization of the Church, to modern liberation theology. This book is a lucid and exciting investigation that will appeal to all readers, whether Christian or t.
- Author BiographyAnthony O'Hear is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Buckingham and Head of the Department of Education. Judy Groves is a painter, graphic designer and illustrator. She has illustrated numerous Introducing titles.
- Author(s)Anthony O'Hear
- PublisherIcon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleIntroducing...
- Place of PublicationDuxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIcon Books Ltd
- Content NoteB/w throughout
- Weight159 g
- Width118 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Judy Groves
- Edition StatementCompact ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.