All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'If you encounter a research student for whom the very word LISREL induces feelings of fear, quietly recommend that they read this book. They will thank you for it. With increasingly user-friendly versions of LISREL being released and guide books such as this published, LISREL really should be accessible to all' - European Journal of Marketing Emphasizing substantive issues rather than intricate statistical details, this book provides a comprehensive introduction to LISREL for structural equation modeling (SEM) using a n-technical, user-oriented approach that. The emphasis is on: - exposing the reader to the major steps associated with the formulation and testing of a model under the LISREL framework - describing the key decisions associated with each step - highlighting potential problems and limitations associated with LISREL modeling - assisting the interpretation of LISREL input and output files. The overall aim is to provide a critical understanding of what is really involved in LISREL modeling and sensitize the reader against 'mechanically' fitting or modifying models. The entire range of decisions associated with the practical application of the LISREL program is covered in a user-friendly fashion. Concrete examples are used throughout to illustrate issues relating to model conceptualization, specification, identification, estimation, evaluation, modification, and cross-validation and illustrated with actual program output. The program is made much more accessible by adopting the more user-friendly SIMPLIS command language for preparing input files. Although primarily aimed at beginning users, readers are directed to further reading together with a comprehensive bibliography for the more advanced user.
- Author BiographyAdamantios Diamantopoulos joined the University of Vienna in February 2004 from Loughborough University Business School, UK, where he held the Chair of Marketing and Business Research. He was previously Professor of International Marketing at the European Business Management School, University of Wales Swansea, where he headed the Marketing Group. During 1996-1999 he also held the Nestle Visiting Research Professorship of Consumer Marketing at Lund University, Sweden. Other past academic posts include full-time appointments at the University of Edinburgh and the University of Strathclyde, and Visiting Professorships at the University of Miami (USA), Vienna University of Economics and Business (Austria), Universite Robert Schuman (France), Dortmund University (Germany), University of Bern (Switzerland), Athens Laboratory of Business Administration (Greece) and University of Leeds (UK). He has taught at fifteen university institutions in the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, Greece, Slovenia and the USA and has collaborated with several international companies. In addition to his Chair at the University of Vienna, he currently holds a Visiting Research Professorship at Loughborough University, UK. He is also a visiting Professor at the Faculty of Economics, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. He holds a BA and MSc degree from Heriot-Watt University, a PhD degree from the University of Strathclyde and a DLitt degree from Loughborough University. In 2000, he was elected Fellow of the British Academy of Management. Judy A. Siguaw is the Founding Dean of ACTE partner organization the Cornell-Nanyang Institute of Hospitality Management. Holding the position of Professor of Marketing in the School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University and the J. Thomas Clark Chair in Entrepreneurship and Personal Enterprise, Dr. Siguaw earned her doctorate in 1991 from Louisiana Tech University. She has been published in more than over 45 business and trade journals, contributed to four books and authored 29 conference papers. Dr. Siguaw's research interests include personal selling, sales management, customer relationships, channels of distribution, and marketing strategy. She is currently at work on numerous journal manuscripts in these areas, as well as a book on best practices in the Asian hospitality industry.
- Author(s)Adamantios Diamantopoulos,Judy A. Siguaw
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/08/2000
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Series TitleIntroducing Statistical Methods Series
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight269 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.