All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReading and interpreting a variety of maps is an important geographical skill and enquiry method. Maps and Mapping skills is a series that looks at basic and intermediate geographical skills involved in map reading and map making. By translating the three dimensional into two, children are encouraged to hone their thinking skills and spacial awareness, and consider the presentation of complex information into a logical and usable map. This will provide a useful introduction to reading atlases as well as basic map skills for KS3. Will contain questions/activities throughout to encourage children to practice map reading, understand concepts from scale to population density, and to learn to use maps for particular purposes.
- Author BiographyAfter travelling widely as a Naval Officer, Jack Gillett taught geography for over 25 years and has written more than 20 books for KS2 to A-level. He is also an experienced GCSE Geography Examiner. Meg Gillett is a highly experienced geography teacher and GCSE examiner. After several years working in the leisure and tourism industry, she returned to the classroom and has since written a range of textbooks for KS2 to A-level.
- Author(s)Jack Gillett,Meg Gillett
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication22/04/2010
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleMaps & Mapping Skills
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content Note30-40
- Weight162 g
- Width220 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $36.11Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.