All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow humans produce and understand language is clearly introduced in this textbook for students with only a basic kwledge of linguistics. With a logical, flexible structure Introducing Psycholinguistics steps through the central topics of production and comprehension of language and the interaction between them. Students will gain an understanding of the processes and representations involved in language use, aided by a comprehensive glossary, concepts defined in the margins and online flashcards that allow students to check their understanding of all the key terms and concepts of the subject. Examples and exercises throughout each topic reinforce understanding and encourage students to consider what language users might carry around in their heads as part of their linguistic kwledge, and how this stored kwledge relates to the structures and rules proposed by theoretical linguistics. Students will gain hands-on experience of experimental methods, with online demonstrations of techniques. This supports the theory within the book, reinforces a student's grasp of the concepts and allows the student to apply their understanding to the analysis of data.
- Author BiographyPaul Warren is an Associate Professor in the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Author(s)Paul Warren
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- Series TitleCambridge Introductions to Language and Linguistics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note8 b/w illus. 31 colour illus. 9 tables
- Weight720 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.