All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing Religion, 4/e explores the different ways of looking at religion in the twenty-first century. A broad overview to religious studies as a discipline introduces students to the various subjects of religion. Introducing Religion teaches readers how to think in academic religious studies and its main areas, including: sociology of religion, psychology of religion, history of religion, religion and art, ethics, and more. The fourth edition has been expanded with new chapters exploring topics of contemporary interest: myth, spiritual paths, religion and popular culture, religion in the computer age, religion and war. Contemporary topics engage today's students, relating the topics to the changing world around them.
- Author BiographyA native of Illinois, Robert Ellwood received his B.A. from the University of Colorado and an M.Div. from Yale Divinity School. After serving as an Episcopal priest and Navy chaplain, he obtained a Ph.D. in the History of Religion from the University of Chicago Divinity School in 1967. He then taught religious studies at the University of Southern California for thirty years, and since retirement has lived in Ojai, California. He has published books on Japanese religion, American religion, mythology, and religious studies.
- Author(s)Robert S. Ellwood
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication06/01/2014
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.