Introducing Research Methodology: A Beginner's Guide to Doing a Research Project by Uwe Flick (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $92.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new book, specifically written for first time researchers, Uwe Flick, author of the highly successful Introduction to Qualitative Research , focuses on the process of producing an undergraduate research project. Introducing Research Methodology: A Beginner's Guide to Doing a Research Project gives readers the fundamental data collection and analysis skills that they need for their first project, as well as a good understanding of the research process as a whole. It covers both quantitative and qualitative methods, and contains lots of real life examples from the author's own research. Its contents include: reading and reviewing the literature; research design; writing up; and, research ethics. As well as practical research techniques, Flick provides a basic explanation of methodological issues such as epistemology, the quantitative/qualitative debate and the wider social role of research, linking these to real world issues and examples and the actual task of researching and writing a project.
- Author BiographyUwe Flick is Professor of Qualitative Research in Social Science and Education at the Free University of Berlin, Germany. He is a trained psychologist and sociologist and received his PhD from the Free University of Berlin in 1988 and his Habilitation from the Technical University of Berlin in 1994. He has been Professor of Qualitative Research at Alice Salomon University of Applied Sciences in Berlin, Germany and at the University of Vienna, Austria, where he continues to work as Guest-Professor. Previously, he was Adjunct Professor at the Memorial University of Newfoundland in St. John's, Canada; a Lecturer in research me-thodology at the Free University of Berlin; a Reader and Assistant Professor in qualitative methods and evaluation at the Technical University of Berlin; and Associate Professor and Head of the Department of Medical Sociology at the Hannover Medical School. He has held visiting appointments at the London School of Economics, the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales in Paris, at Cambridge University (UK), Memorial University of St. John's (Canada), University of Lisbon (Portugal), Institute of Higher Studies in Vienna, in Italy and Sweden, and at the School of Psychology at Massey University, Auckland (New Zealand). His main research interests are qualitative methods, social representations in the fields of individual and public health, vulnerability in fields like youth homelessness or migration, and technological change in everyday life. He is the author of Designing Qualitative Research (London: Sage, 2007) and Managing Quality in Qualitative Research (London: Sage, 2007) and editor of The SAGE Qualitative Research Kit (London: Sage, 2007), A Companion to Qualitative Research (London: Sage, 2004), Psychology of the Social (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1998), Quality of Life and Health: Concepts, Methods and Applications (Berlin: Blackwell Science, 1995), and La perception quotidienne de la Sante et la Maladie: Theories subjectives et Representations sociales (Paris: L'Harmattan, 1993). As his most recent publications, he wrote An Introduction to Qualitative Research, fifth edn. (London: Sage, 2014) and edited The SAGE Handbook of Qualitative Data Analysis (London: Sage, 2014).
- Author(s)Uwe Flick
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2011
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date02/03/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.