Introducing Research Methodology: A Beginner's Guide to Doing a Research Project by Uwe Flick (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $124.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Second Edition of this textbook designed for new researchers, Uwe Flick takes readers through the process of producing a research project. The book gives readers the fundamental data collection and analysis skills that they need for their first project, as well as a good understanding of the research process as a whole. It covers both quantitative and qualitative methods, and contains plenty of real-life examples from the author's own research. The book will help readers to answer questions such as: * why do social research in the first place? * how do I develop a researchable question? * what is a literature review and how do I conduct one? * how could I collect and analyze data? * what if I want to do my research online?
- Author BiographyUwe Flick is Professor of Qualitative Research in Social Science and Education at the Free University of Berlin, Germany. He is a trained psychologist and sociologist and received his PhD from the Free University of Berlin in 1988 and his Habilitation from the Technical University of Berlin in 1994. He has been Professor of Qualitative Research at Alice Salomon University of Applied Sciences in Berlin, Germany and at the University of Vienna, Austria. Previously, he was Adjunct Professor at the Memorial University of Newfoundland in St. John's, Canada; a Lecturer in research me-thodology at the Free University of Berlin; a Reader and Assistant Professor in qualitative methods and evaluation at the Technical University of Berlin; and Associate Professor and Head of the Department of Medical Sociology at the Hannover Medical School. He has held visiting appointments at the London School of Economics, the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales in Paris, at Cambridge University (UK), Memorial University of St. John's (Canada), University of Lisbon (Portugal), Institute of Higher Studies in Vienna, in Italy and Sweden, and at the School of Psychology at Massey University, Auckland (New Zealand). His main research interests are qualitative methods, social representations in the fields of individual and public health, vulnerability in fields like youth homelessness or migration, and technological change in everyday life. He is the author of Designing Qualitative Research (London: Sage, 2007) and Managing Quality in Qualitative Research (London: Sage, 2007) and editor of The SAGE Qualitative Research Kit (London: Sage, 2007), A Companion to Qualitative Research (London: Sage, 2004), Psychology of the Social (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1998), Quality of Life and Health: Concepts, Methods and Applications (Berlin: Blackwell Science, 1995), and La perception quotidienne de la Sante et la Maladie: Theories subjectives et Representations sociales (Paris: L'Harmattan, 1993). As his most recent publications, he edited The SAGE Handbook of Qualitative Data Analysis (London: Sage, 2014) and wrote An Introduction to Qualitative Research, fifth edn. (London: Sage, 2014) and Introducing Research Methodology - A Beginners' Guide to Doing a Research Project, second edn. (London: Sage, 2015).
- Author(s)Uwe Flick
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/03/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width183 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.19Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.