All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCan a Christian believe what the scientists say? This book considers the big issues around human consciousness, the origins of the universe, evolution and intelligent design. We can look at science and religion and see conflict; or we can separate them into different worlds. This book helps the reader understand both sides of this 'conflict' and how they throw light on each other's approach. Of particular interest is what we are learning about personality, mind and psychology, and where consciousness comes from. This book suggests several different paths through the debates that surround science and religion. These paths offer ways of holding a rational interest in the world and scientific attempts to understand it and a lively and questioning faith in God which takes the Bible seriously.
- Author BiographyGillian Straine completed her undergraduate studies and her PhD in physics at Imperial College, London. Her research was in experimental atmospheric physics, and she also trained in science communication. Later she trained as an Anglican Priest, gaining an Oxford BA in Theology.
- Author(s)Gillian Straine
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.