All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInfluenced by artists such as Cindy Sherman, Lake's work demonstrates the invation and continued influence of the 'Feminist Avant-Garde' movement on contemporary art today. Lake's work forms part of the public collection at the Albright Kx Art Gallery, Buffalo, NY as well as within numerous museums and galleries across Canada. Her work has been exhibited widely, including in the US at Jack Shainman Gallery, New York; Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art; Geffen Contemporary, Los Angeles; National Museum of Women in Art, DC and Santa Monica Museum of Art, California. This multi-author publication considers how Lake's ideas and practice developed over time from her hometown of Detroit to Montreal to Toronto, informed by the cultural character of each city. Featuring celebrated works as well as newly commissioned series, Introducing Suzy Lake reveals the richness and originality of her accomplishments as one of North America's most influential artists working today.
- Author BiographyGeorgiana Uhlyarik: Assistant Curator of Canadian Art at the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO).
- Author(s)Anouchka Freybe,Lorraine O'Grady,Sophie Hackett
- PublisherBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Date of Publication12/11/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Weight1746 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.