All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis lively introduction is the ideal starting point for students wishing to undertake a comprehensive study of Tibetan religion. It covers the development and influence of Tibetan Buddhism and the key schools and traditions, including Bon. Geoffrey Samuel helps students get to grips with a complex set of beliefs and practices and provides a clear sense of the historical, cultural and textual background. Important contemporary issues such as gender, national identity and Tibetan Buddhism in the world today are also addressed. Illustrated throughout, the book includes a chrology, glossary, pronunciation guide, summaries, discussion questions and suggestions for further reading that will aid understanding and revision.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Samuel is a Professor in the School of History, Archaeology and Religion at Cardiff University, UK, and an experienced teacher of Tibetan religion.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Samuel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleWorld Religions
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white tables, 40 black & white halftones
- Weight589 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.