All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is time? The 5th-century philosopher St Augustine famously said that he knew what time was, so long as one asked him. Is time a fourth dimension similar to space or does it flow in some sense? And if it flows, does it make sense to say how fast? Does the future exist? Is time travel possible? Why does time seem to pass in only one direction?These questions and others are among the deepest and most subtle that one can ask, but Introducing Time presents them - many for the first time - in an easily accessible, lucid and engaging manner, wittily illustrated by Ralph Edney.
- Author BiographyCraig Callander teaches philosophy at the University of California, San Diego. Ralph Edney is a well-established graphic artist whose other introducing titles include Relativity.
- Author(s)Craig Callender
- PublisherIcon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2010
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleIntroducing...
- Place of PublicationDuxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIcon Books Ltd
- Content Noteb/w illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width118 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ralph Edney
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.