All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive guide to the theories and concepts that make up the dynamic field of translation studies. Providing an accessible and fully up-to-date overview of key movements and theorists within an expanding area of study, this textbook has become a key source for generations of translation students on both professional and university courses. New features in this third edition include: * the latest research incorporated into each chapter, including linguistic precursors, models of discourse and text analysis, cultural studies and sociology, the history of translation, and new techlogies * a new chapter with guidelines on writing reflective translation commentaries and on preparing research projects and dissertations * more examples throughout the text * revised exercises and updated further reading lists throughout * a major new companion web site with video summaries of each chapter, multiple-choice tests, and broader research questions. This is a practical, user-friendly textbook that gives a comprehensive insight into how translation studies has evolved, and is still evolving. It is an invaluable resource for anyone studying this fascinating subject area.
- Author BiographyJeremy Munday is Professor of Translation studies at the University of Leeds and has also worked as a freelance translator. He is author of Style and Ideology in Translation (RThe Routledge Companion to Translation Studies outledge, 2008) and Evaluation in Translation (Routledge, 2012), editor of (2009) and co-author, with Basil Hatim, of Translation: An Advanced Resource Book (Routledge, 2004).
- Author(s)Jeremy Munday
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date22/02/2016
- Content Note17 colour line drawings
- Weight680 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.