All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHEY! KEEP UP ... IF YOU CAN! This is what LittleMamm of Iona tells her twin cousins who are supposed to be keeping track of her ... and it sounds suspiciously like what the Younglings of Dunttar are telling me on a regular basis! Introducing the Younglings of Dunttar is a great pleasure for me - here are excerpts from the 'Mamm Books' of the series 'THEY ARE MY SONG' where we first meet this extraordinary group of young people. Also included is a section from the 'other' story line of the SONG series, in which we meet younglings of earlier generations - and the beginning of what will prove to be a fun family tradition as the series progresses. There will be times when a person just has to QUACK! As younglings of all generations are inclined to do, the Younglings of Dunttar seek to establish their OWN identity - they want their own books and I'm more than ready, willing, and able to indulge them. Quite frankly I am fascinated, intrigued, by these younglings - following their imaginations on adventures that will take them to who kws where (or when) is going to be worlds of fun! Just so they get back home to Dunttar in time for supper, and in one piece! They'd better get back safe and sound: these are the next Keepers of the Legacy - they have to take care of it ... and of one ather along the way.
- Author BiographyShiela Branson, born in Texas and now living in North Dakota USA, is enthusiastically indulging the Younglings of Dunnottar, who want their OWN books. The younglings want to share their adventures, both real and pretend, and Shiela is ready, willing, and able to let them! 'Introducing the Younglings of Dunnottar is both exciting and terrifying. They're wonderful Characters whose development has been intriguing to watch - but I'm never sure what they're going to be getting up to next!' In this introduction, excerpts from the 'Mamm Books' of the series THEY ARE MY SONG are presented as a means of getting to know the younglings a bit before leaping into their OWN books. Their home is long ago and far away unless you happen to live in or near Scotland, and even then it's still long ago ... Dunnottar in the 200s-400s AD is a different world from ours. Still, younglings will be younglings, and the Younglings of Dunnottar are as imaginative as any other generation. 'I can't wait to find out where (and when) they're going to take me. I can just hear them shouting at me over their shoulders as they run off to heaven knows where or when for another adventure: HEY! KEEP UP ... IF YOU CAN!'
- Author(s)Shiela Branson
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.