Introduction To Environmental Impact Assessment by Riki Therivel, Andrew Chadwick, John Glasson (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction to Environmental Impact Assessment provides students and practitioners with a clearly structured overview of the subject, as well as critical analysis and support for further studies. Written by three authors with extensive research, training and practical experience in EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment), the book covers the latest EIA legislation, guidance and good practice. This edition updates essential information on: * the evolving nature of EIA * experience of the implementation of the changing EU and UK EIA procedures * best practice in the EIA process * other key issues in the process, explored in an extended case studies section * comparative EIA systems worldwide * development of SEA/SA legislation and practice * prospects for the future of EIA. Although the book's focus is on the UK and the EU, the principles and techniques it describes are applicable internationally. With colour images and a new modern design, the book provides an essential introduction to EIA for undergraduate and postgraduate students on planning courses, as well as those studying environmental management and policy, environmental sciences, geography and the built environment. Planners, developers, community groups and decision-makers in government and business will also welcome the book as an effective way to get to grips with this important and evolving subject that affects a wide range of development projects.
- Author BiographyJohn Glasson is Emeritus Professor of Environmental Planning, Founding Director of the Impacts Assessment Unit (IAU) and of the Oxford Institute for Sustainable Development (OISD), at Oxford Brookes University. He is also Visiting Professor at Curtin University in Western Australia. Riki Therivel is Visiting Professor at Oxford Brookes University, a Senior Research Associate in the IAU and partner in Levett-Therivel sustainability consultants. Both Riki Therivel and John Glasson were appointed Commissioners of the UK Infrastructure Planning Commission (IPC). Andrew Chadwick is Senior Research Associate in the IAU.
- Author(s)Andrew Chadwick,John Glasson,Riki Therivel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/12/2011
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleThe Natural and Built Environment Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note73 colour tables, 200 colour line drawings
- Weight1051 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.