Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionFood materials are processed prior to their consumption using different processing techlogies that improve their shelf life and maintain their physicochemical, biological, and sensory qualities. Introduction to Advanced Food Process Engineering provides a general reference on various aspects of processing, packaging, storage, and quality control and assessment systems, describing the basic principles and major applications of emerging food processing techlogies. The book is divided into three sections, systematically examining processes from different areas of food process engineering. Section I covers a wide range of advanced food processing techlogies including osmo-concentration of fruits and vegetables, membrane techlogy, nthermal processing, emerging drying techlogies, CA and MA storage of fruits and vegetables, natechlogy in food processing, and computational fluid dynamics modeling in food processing. Section II describes food safety and various n-destructive quality assessment systems using machine vision systems, vibrational spectroscopy, biosensors, and chemosensors. Section III explores waste management, by-product utilization, and energy conservation in food processing industry. With an emphasis on vel food processes, each chapter contains case studies and examples to illustrate state-of-the-art applications of the techlogies discussed.
- Author BiographyDr. Jatindra K. Sahu, is an associate professor in the Department of Agricultural Engineering in Assam University, India. His research focuses on developing or improving dairy and food processing technologies in the field of food process engineering. His major contributions to food industries include a continuous heat-acid coagulation unit for continuous production of soft cheese, a sandesh (an Indian milk sweet) production line, technology for bamboo shoot-based nugget production, technology for honey powder production, Light Emitting Diode (LED) based technology for non-thermal pasteurization of fruit juices, and more.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note91 black & white illustrations, 86 black & white tables
- Weight1156 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byJatindra Kumar Sahu
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.