All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThoroughly revised and expanded, Introduction to Attic Greek, 2nd Edition gives student and instructors the most comprehensive and accessible presentation of ancient Greek available. The text features: full exposure to the grammar and morphology that students will encounter in actual texts; self-contained instructional chapters, with challenging, carefully tailored exercises; progressively more complex chapters to build the student's kwledge of declensions, tenses, and constructions by alternating emphasis on morphology and syntax; readings based on actual texts and include unadapted passages from Xephon, Lysias, Plato, Aristophanes, and Thucydides; concise introduction to the history of the Greek language; composite list of verbs with principal parts, and an appendix of all paradigms; and, Greek-English and English-Greek glossaries. Additional Resources: Robust online supplements for teaching and learning available at atticgreek.org; and, Answer Key to exercises also available from UC Press (9780520275744).
- Author BiographyDonald J. Mastronarde is Melpomene Professor of Classics at the University of California, Berkeley. Among his many books are The Art of Euripides: Dramatic Technique and Social Context, Euripides, Medea, and Euripides, Phoenissae.
- Author(s)Donald J. Mastronarde
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note1 Illustration (black and white), maps (black and white)
- Weight522 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.