All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe entire scope of the BioMEMS field-at your fingertips Helping to educate the new generation of engineers and biologists, Introduction to BioMEMS explains how certain problems in biology and medicine benefit from and often require the miniaturization of devices. The book covers the whole breadth of this dynamic field, including classical microfabrication, microfluidics, tissue engineering, cell-based and ncell-based devices, and implantable systems. It focuses on high-impact, creative work encompassing all the scales of life-from biomolecules to cells, tissues, and organisms. Brilliant color presentation Avoiding the overwhelming details found in many engineering and physics texts, this groundbreaking book-in color throughout-includes only the most essential formulas as well as many ncalculation-based exercises. Important terms are highlighted in bold and defined in a glossary. The text contains more than 400 color figures, most of which are from the original researchers. Coverage of both historical perspectives and the latest developments Developed from the author's long-running course, this classroom-tested text gives readers a vivid picture of how the field has grown by presenting historical perspectives and a timeline of seminal discoveries. It also describes numerous state-of-the-art biomedical applications that benefit from going small, including devices that record the electrical activity of brain cells, measure the diffusion of molecules in microfluidic channels, and allow for high-throughput studies of gene expression.
- Author BiographyAlbert Folch is an associate professor in the Department of Bioengineering at the University of Washington. Dr. Folch has previously worked as a postdoc researcher at Harvard University's Center for Engineering in Medicine, a postdoc researcher at MIT, and a visiting scientist at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. He is a recipient of an NSF CAREER Award and is on the advisory board of Lab on a Chip. His research focuses on the interface between cell biology and microfluidics.
- Author(s)Albert Folch
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication06/08/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note476 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables
- Weight1383 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.