Introduction to Biodeterioration by Kenneth J. Seal, Dennis Allsopp, Christine C. Gaylarde (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $156.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an introduction to biodeterioration - the attack on man-made materials by living organisms. The authors outline the principles involved, as well as the ways in which such damage can be controlled and prevented. A wide range of organisms are covered (including bacteria, fungi, algae, lichens, insects and other invertebrates, birds, mammals and plants) and the types of biodeterioration discussed include: * natural materials such as foodstuffs, wood, metal, stone, cellulose and leather * synthetic products such as paint, adhesives and plastics * structures and systems such as buildings, monuments, transport systems and vehicles. In this updated and expanded second edition, new molecular and genetic techniques are included, and regulatory, environmental and safety issues are emphasised. This book is suitable t only for biologists, but also for those in industry, commerce and local government who are concerned with the preservation and conservation of a wide range of materials of ecomic or cultural importance.
- Author BiographyDennis Allsopp is formerly of the CAB International Mycological Institute, where he was Head of the Culture Collection and Industrial Services Division, and latterly the CAB International Biodiversity Coordinator. He has co-edited Smith's Industrial Mycology and Introduction to Biodeterioration. Kenneth Seal is the Technical Director of Thor Specialities UK Limited, which manufactures and markets a wide range of biocides for the preservation of industrial, household and personal care products. He was previously Head of the Biodeterioration Division of Cranfield University's Biotechnology Centre. Christine Gaylarde is the group leader in Biodeterioration and Biodegradation in the Department of Biophysics and the Microbial Resources Centre at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. She is the Biodeterioration coordinator for the Brazilian Microbiology Society and represents or has represented the country on the Biodeterioration networks of the Ibero-American Programme, CYTED.
- Author(s)Christine C. Gaylarde,Dennis Allsopp,Kenneth J. Seal
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2004
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note69 b/w illus. 36 tables
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.