All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is designed to introduce the reader to the fundamental information necessary for work in the clinical setting, supporting the techlogy used in patient care. Beginning biomedical equipment techlogists can use this book to obtain a working vocabulary and elementary kwledge of the industry. Content is presented through the inclusion of a wide variety of medical instrumentation, with an emphasis on generic devices and classifications; individual manufacturers are explained only when the market is dominated by a particular unit. Designed for the reader with a fundamental understanding of anatomy, physiology, and medical termilogy appropriate for their role in the health care field and assumes the reader's understanding of electronic concepts, including voltage, current, resistance, impedance, analog and digital signals, and sensors. The material covered will assist the reader in the development of his or her role as a kwledgeable and effective member of the patient care team.
- Author BiographyBarbara L. Christe is Associate Professor and Program Director of Biomedical Engineering Technology at Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Author(s)Barbara Christe
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note55 b/w illus. 7 tables
- Weight500 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.