All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf a network is t secure, how valuable is it? Introduction to Computer Networks and Cybersecurity takes an integrated approach to networking and cybersecurity, highlighting the interconnections so that you quickly understand the complex design issues in modern networks. This full-color book uses a wealth of examples and illustrations to effectively connect the principles of networks and networking protocols with the relevant cybersecurity issues. Get the Fundamentals of Internet Architecture and the Protocol Layers Organized into six parts, the book walks you through the fundamentals, starting with the way most people first encounter computer networks-through the Internet architecture. Part 1 covers the most important Internet applications and the methods used to develop them. Part 2 discusses the network edge, consisting of hosts, access networks, LANs, and the physical media used with the physical and link layers. Part 3 explores the network core, including packet/circuit switches, routers, and the Internet backbone, and Part 4 examines reliable transport and the management of network congestion. Learn about Malware and Security Systems Building on the concepts and principles, the book then delves into state-of-the-art cybersecurity mechanisms in Part 5. It reviews the types of malware and the various security systems, made up of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and other components. Crucially, it provides a seamless view of an information infrastructure in which security capabilities are built in rather than treated as an add-on feature. The book closes with a look at emerging techlogies, including virtualization and data center and cloud computing unified communication. Understand Cyber Attacks-and What You Can Do to Defend against Them This comprehensive text supplies a carefully designed introduction to both the fundamentals of networks and the latest advances in Internet security. Addressing cybersecurity from an Internet perspective, it prepares you to better understand the motivation and methods of cyber attacks and what you can do to protect the networks and the applications that run on them. Pedagogical Features The book's modular design offers exceptional flexibility, whether you want to use it for quick reference, self-study, or a wide variety of one- or two-semester courses in computer networks, cybersecurity, or a hybrid of both. Learning goals in each chapter show you what you can expect to learn, and end-of-chapter problems and questions test your understanding. Throughout, the book uses real-world examples and extensive illustrations and screen captures to explain complicated concepts simply and clearly. Ancillary materials, including PowerPoint(R) animations, are available to instructors with qualifying course adoption.
- Author BiographyChwan-Hwa John Wu joined the faculty of Auburn University, Alabama, in 1987, and is currently a professor of electrical and computer engineering. He has been the principal investigator on research projects funded by NSF, the U.S. Army, NASA, USDA, and many companies, including Northrop Grumman and Lockheed Martin. His current research interests include cybersecurity. He is an author and co-author of two books, 58 journal papers, and more than 130 conference publications. He also holds five U.S. patents. Dr. Wu is a Fellow of the IEEE. J. David Irwin joined Auburn University, Alabama, in 1969, and is currently the Earle C. Williams Eminent Scholar in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department. He is the author or co-author of numerous publications, including 17 textbooks. He has held numerous positions within the IEEE, including president of both the Industrial Electronics and Education Societies, as well as editor-in-chief of the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. He is a Life Fellow of the IEEE and a Fellow of both the ASEE and the AAAS. He is the recipient of numerous education and technical awards.
- Author(s)Chwan-Hwa (John) Wu,J. David Irwin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note1136 black & white illustrations, 220 black & white tables
- Weight3016 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.