All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook treats solids and fluids in a balanced manner, using thermodynamic restrictions on the relation between applied forces and material responses. This unified approach can be appreciated by engineers, physicists, and applied mathematicians with some background in engineering mechanics. It has many examples and about 150 exercises for students to practise. The higher mathematics needed for a complete understanding is provided in the early chapters. This subject is essential for engineers involved in experimental or numerical modelling of material behaviour.
- Author BiographySudhakar Nair is the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Graduate College, and Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Aerospace Engineering and Applied Mathematics at the Armour College of Engineering at the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago. He is a Fellow in the AIAA and the ASME and a member of the American Academy of Mechanics as well as Tau Beta Pi and Sigma Xi.
- Author(s)Sudhakar Nair
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/03/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note60 b/w illus. 149 exercises
- Weight660 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.