All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionCourt interpreting is becoming increasingly professionalized as the number of practitioners grows and judicial systems and legislatures throughout the world focus more on language rights as an element of due process. Introduction to Court Interpreting is the first course book for court interpreter training that is t oriented toward the judicial system of a particular country, but can be used in any country for training interpreters in any language combination. It covers the history of the profession, the legal basis for the interpreter's presence in the courtroom, criminal and civil procedure, comparative law, the role of the interpreter in the judiciary setting, ethical principles, techniques of interpreting, and resources for continuing education and research. Designed to be accessible to both teachers and students, it contains numerous practical exercises and suggestions for further reading, as well as a comprehensive bibliography. Many changes have taken place in the court interpreting profession and in the judicial systems of many countries in recent years. Introduction to Court Interpreting reflects these developments and addresses the need for an up-to-date, globalized approach to preparing an increasingly diverse student population to enter this challenging profession.
- Author BiographyHolly Mikkelson is an associate professor in the Graduate School of Translation and Interpretation at the Monterey Institute of International Studies, where she has taught court interpreting for many years. A certified Spanish court interpreter who has worked in state and federal courts in the United States, she co-authored Fundamentals of Court Interpretation, widely recognized as a seminal work in the field. Her training manuals, the Interpreter's Edge series, are used in court interpreting programmes throughout the world.
- Author(s)Holly Mikkelson
- PublisherSt Jerome Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2000
- Series TitleTranslation Practices Explained
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSt Jerome Publishing
- Out-of-print date24/10/2016
- Weight204 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.