All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this book is to illustrate by significant special examples three aspects of the theory of Diophantine approximations: the formal relationships that exist between counting processes and the functions entering the theory; the determination of these functions for numbers given as classical numbers; and certain asymptotic estimates holding almost everywhere. Each chapter works out a special case of a much broader general theory, as yet unkwn. Indications for this are given throughout the book, together with reference to current publications. The book may be used in a course in number theory, whose students will thus be put in contact with interesting but accessible problems on the ground floor of mathematics.
- Author(s)Serge Lang
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/08/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight231 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 2nd revised ed. 1984
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.