All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionEasily Get Started with Biological Experiments Introduction to Experimental Biophysics - A Laboratory Guide presents wet lab methods for courses in biophysics or molecular biology. A companion to the author's highly praised An Introduction to Experimental Biophysics: Biological Methods for Physical Scientists, this manual offers a flexible course plan that permits completion of the labs in either a full term or intensive summer course. Tested in a pedagogical setting, the experiments follow a logical progression beginning with a DNA construct. The book starts with the basics of molecular cloning: amplifying and purifying plasmid, plasmid mapping, and using restriction enzymes. Later experiments deal with more advanced, emerging techniques, such as the synthesis and characterization of quantum dots and gold naparticles, protein crystallization, and spectroscopic techniques. This accessible guide will help both students and instructors in molecular biology, biophysics, and biomedical engineering. Students will understand how to use a variety of techniques in biological experiments while instructors will get practical guidance on preparing the experiments.
- Author BiographyJay L. Nadeau is an associate professor of biomedical engineering and physics at McGill University. Her research group was the first to label bacteria with quantum dots and explore the possibility of using fluorescent labels as tools for the detection of traces of extraterrestrial life. Dr. Nadeau's research interests include nanoparticles, fluorescence imaging, and the development of instrumentation for detecting life elsewhere in the solar system.
- Author(s)Jay L. Nadeau
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.