All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs managers expand their international business operations, they are confronted by the puzzling and vexing world of foreign exchange (FX) rates. This text is designed as a resource that can help managers quickly understand and navigate the FX market. The text may be used as an introductory module in a course in international finance, whether the course is oriented to international markets, international investments, or international corporate finance. The primary intended audience is an applied MBA course aimed at executives, managers, and would-be managers. After an introduction to foreign exchange (FX) rates, the text covers the important topic FX rate valuation. It is important for managers to understand when an FX rate is incorrectly valued, as this situation may have a bearing on strategic decisions to operate or invest overseas. The text also covers the mechanics of forward FX contracts, and their use in managing the risk of future foreign currency cash flows. In the case study included in the text, the case company is faced with FX exposure in the revenues of a proposed new foreign customer. The decision-maker applies the text material to evaluate whether the FX rate is over-, under-, or correctly valued. The final decision is whether to expand sales to the foreign market and whether to hedge the FX risk.
- Author BiographyThomas J. OBrien Storrs, Mansfield, CT, Professor University of Connecticut.
- Author(s)Thomas J. O'Brien
- PublisherBusiness Expert Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationSterling Forest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBusiness Expert Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.