All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is based on the very popular international publication (Crezee, 2013) and has been supplemented with Spanish glossaries. Just like the 2013 textbook, this practical resource will allow interpreters and translators to quickly read up on healthcare settings, familiarizing themselves with anatomy, physiology, medical termilogy and frequently encountered conditions, diagstic tests and treatment options. It is an exceptionally useful and easily accessible handbook, in particular for interpreters, translators, educators and other practitioners working between Spanish and English. A special chapter on the US insurance system adds even more value for those in the US. The extensive English-Spanish glossaries will be very useful to Spanish speaking practitioners, and may also be beneficial to those working with other Romance languages, as the Spanish terms may serve as a trigger to help identify cognates. Where terms are most commonly used in a particular part of the Spanish speaking world, an abbreviation has been added to indicate which country it may be found in. This helps ensure that terms reflect usage in different parts of the Americas, and also in Spain.
- Author(s)Holly Mikkelson,Ineke Crezee,Laura Monzon-Storey
- PublisherJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Content Note+ index
- Weight770 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.