Introduction to Hilbert Spaces with Applications by Lokenath Debnath, Piotr Mikusinski (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $113.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $240.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding on the success of the two previous editions, Introduction to Hilbert Spaces with Applications, 3E, offers an overview of the basic ideas and results of Hilbert space theory and functional analysis. It acquaints students with the Lebesgue integral, and includes an enhanced presentation of results and proofs. Students and researchers will benefit from the wealth of revised examples in new, diverse applications as they apply to optimization, variational and control problems, and problems in approximation theory, nlinear instability, and bifurcation. The text also includes a popular chapter on wavelets that has been completely updated. Students and researchers agree that this is the definitive text on Hilbert Space theory.
- Author BiographyLokenath Debnath is Professor of the Department of Mathematics and Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University of Central Florida in Orlando. He received his M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in pure mathematics from the University of Calcutta, and obtained D.I.C. and Ph.D. degrees in applied mathematics from the Imperial College of Science and Technology, University of London. He was a Senior Research Fellow at the University of Cambridge and has had visiting appointments to several universities in the United States and abroad. His many honors and awards include two Senior Fulbright Fellowships and an NSF Scientist award to visit India for lectures and research. Dr. Debnath is author or co-author of several books and research papers in pure and applied mathematics, and serves on several editorial boards for scientific journals. He is the current and founding Managing Editor of the International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences. Piotr Mikusinski received his Ph.D. in mathematics from the Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences. In 1983, he became visiting lecturer at the University of California at Santa Barbara, where he spent two years. He is currently a member of the faculty in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Central Florida in Orlando. His main research interests are the theory of generalized functions and real analysis. He has published many research articles and is co-author with his father, Jan Mikusinski, of An Introduction to Analysis: From Number to Integral.
- Author(s)Lokenath Debnath,Piotr Mikusinski
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication08/11/2005
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1060 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.