Introduction to Homeland Security by Jeffrey Van Slyke, Daniel Adrian Doss, Michael Wigginton, Carl J. Jensen, Robert Nations, David H. McElreath (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $98.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $60.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the attacks of 9/11, billions of dollars and countless resources have been committed and expended in the attempt to make the nation more secure. Introduction to Homeland Security: Second Edition is written by a team of homeland security and justice professionals on the cutting edge of the field. The text is a comprehensive examination of current and future challenges and explores how the United States has chosen to confront these threats with both its military and civilian agencies. Topics include: * A history of homeland security in the United States * The mission of the various agencies in the Department of Homeland Security and Department of Defense * The foundations of emergency management: mitigation/prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery * Inter-agency planning and cooperation and private partnership * A survey of the most significant natural disasters and accidents, explored through case studies * International and domestic terrorism and threat groups * The impact of transportation and border security issues and the violence occurring in the Southwest * Globalization and the role of intelligence in homeland security * Future challenges in the field of homeland security Each chapter begins with objectives and ends with a summary, key terms, and discussion questions. Ample references encourage further study and research. The book is a premier text for criminal justice, homeland security, national security, and intelligence programs in universities and an ideal reference for professionals as well as policy and research institutes.
- Author BiographyDavid Hughes McElreath, PhD: Dr. McElreath's background includes professor and former chair, Department of Legal Studies, University of Mississippi; professor and chair, Department of Criminal Justice, Washburn University; associate professor, Southeast Missouri State University and Colonel, United States Marine Corps. His has a PhD in adult education and criminal justice from the University of Southern Mississippi. He is also the author of numerous publications on the criminal justice system. Daniel Adrian Doss, PhD: Dr. Doss's background includes assistant professor, College of Business Administration, University of West Alabama; assistant professor, Belhaven College; adjunct assistant professor, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University; and chair of graduate business and management, University of Phoenix (Memphis). He has also coauthored a variety of peer-reviewed journal articles and conference proceedings. His has a PhD in business administration from Northcentral University and is currently pursuing a second doctorate, in police science, at the University of South Africa. Robert Nations, MA: Director Robert (Bob) Nations, Jr., is currently the director of the Shelby County Office of Preparedness. Bob is in project management with the University of Mississippi in the Legal Studies Department and is a part-time faculty member at the University of Memphis in the Department of Criminal Justice. He currently serves on the Homeland Security Advisory Board at Daniel Webster College in Nashua, New Hampshire. Bob is a recognized public speaker/writer at regional and national conferences. Carl J. Jensen, PhD: Dr. Jensen is the director of the University of Mississippi's Center for Intelligence and Security Studies. He also serves in an adjunct capacity as a senior behavioral scientist with the RAND Corporation. Dr. Jensen served as a special agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for 22 years. His FBI career included service as a field agent, a forensic examiner in the FBI Laboratory, and an instructor and assistant chief of the Behavioral Science Unit. He has published extensively and lectured throughout the world. Dr. Jensen received his PhD from the University of Maryland. Michael Wigginton, PhD: Mike Wigginton's background includes assistant professor of criminal justice and director of the University of Mississippi Master of Criminal Justice Executive Cohort Program, Department of Legal Studies, University of Mississippi; assistant professor, Southeast Louisiana University; adjunct professor, Tulane University; senior special agent, United States Customs Service; and special agent, United States Drug Enforcement Administration. He has a PhD in criminal justice from the University of Southern Mississippi. He is also the author of numerous publications on the criminal justice system. Jeffrey Van Slyke, PhD: Dr. Jeff Van Slyke is a retired chief of police with an inclusive background of emergency management/crisis response, threat assessment, law enforcement services, and special security details. Dr. Van Slyke has experientially managed and responded to such emergencies as tornados, bomb threats, Hurricane Katrina, nor'easter storms, plane crashes, suicides/homicides, chemical spills, and residence hall fires and mitigated two credible active-shooter scenarios. Dr. Van Slyke also assisted with facilitating 21 presidential visits. He has a PhD in higher education from the University of Texas.
- Author(s)Carl J. Jensen,Daniel Adrian Doss,David H. McElreath,Jeffrey Van Slyke,Michael Wigginton,Robert Nations
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note73 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables
- Weight725 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.