All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are studying horse nutrition at an introductory level, then this is the ideal book for you. It covers the current syllabuses set out by equine science and management courses, and is particularly suitable for those who lack background kwledge in science. Nutrition has long been recognised as a vital part of horse care. It is important for optimal horse health, reproduction, sustained performance and general well being. This book is invaluable for horse owners, trainers and breeders. Features:* Student friendly, with key summary points at the end of each chapter and lots of helpful tables and images.* Covers the fundamentals of horse nutrition including daily nutrient requirements (using the latest National Research Council data).* Information on nutraceuticals and the nutritional management of health-related problems, such as Equine Metabolic Syndrome, Laminitis and PPID (Cushing's syndrome).
- Author BiographyZoe Davies is a consultant equine nutritionist, a former lecturer in equine science, an author, columnist, and external examiner for higher education courses. She is one of the few registered Equine Nutritionists in the UK, and has substantial experience in equine management.
- Author(s)Zoe Davies
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2009
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width172 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.