All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProviding an introduction to the crucially important topic of groundwater, this text covers all major fields of hydrogeology and includes outlines of the occurrence of groundwater in various rock types, the movement and storage of groundwater, the formulation of groundwater balances, the development of groundwater chemistry, as well as the practical application of hydrogeology for groundwater development. Following a unique systems approach to describe and connect its various elements, the text also explores a large selection of examples of groundwater cases from various parts of the world. In addition, theoretical sections and examples are illustrated with a number of drawings, photos and computer printouts. Suitable for education in hydrogeology at postgraduate and graduate level, the text is also a useful reference tool for professionals and decision-makers involved in water or water-related activities. In the revised paperback edition more attention is paid to the processes in the unsaturated zone, especially those relating to groundwater recharge. Also, the investigation methods are highlighted in the sections where the related theory is dealt with, and they are t presented in the last chapter on groundwater management. The References and Bibliography section is also extended, some figures are improved, and the inevitable 'typing errors' are corrected as well. In the third edition, a more formal basis for the hydro-chemical processes described in the chapter on groundwater chemistry has been added. Mass balances and the principles of dispersion and retardation are introduced. Additional illustrations are provided, also explaining the processes occurring along streamlines. Consult: http://introductiontohydrogeology.nl/ for additional information on the book, the author and available software.
- Author BiographySince 2013 a retired Associate Professor in Hydrogeology at UNESCO-IHE, Johannes C. Nonner used to lecture in hydrogeology and groundwater investigation techniques. His special field of research at UNESCO-IHE covered groundwater development and environmental integrity in The Netherlands and other parts of the world, for which he was heavily involved in groundwater flow- and transport modelling. After graduating in hydrogeology at the Free University of Amsterdam, and before joining UNESCO-IHE in 1989, Johannes C. Nonner was involved in groundwater consultancy and training assignments around the globe.
- Author(s)J. C. Nonner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleUNESCO-IHE Lecture Note Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width173 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.