Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook is designed for a first course in Information Techlogy (IT), offered as core course for all undergraduate university students. It will also benefit students preparing for DOEACC (O level), polytechnic students, and professional courses such as CA. As IT is a rapidly advancing techlogy, the main objective of this book is to emphasise reasonably stable fundamental concepts on which this techlogy is built.
The book is broadly organised into three parts. The first part describes the hardware devices used for acquisition of numerical, graphical, audio and video data and their representation in binary form. The second part describes the methods of storing, processing and disseminating data. The final part describes both the systems and application software. Applications include word processors, spreadsheets, multimedia processing, some uses of the Internet, business processes and e-commerce. The concluding chapter presents a discussion of social networks, social impacts of Information Techlogy and career opportunities in the field of IT.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of IT from first principles
- Describes a large number of important applications of IT
- Explains acquisition, storage, organisation, processing, display, and dissemination of multimedia data
- Covers business data processing, the Internet and World Wide Web, e-commerce, social impacts of IT and job opportunities in IT enabled services
- Every chapter begins with a statement of learning goals and ends with a comprehensive summary.
- Author BiographyV. Rajaraman, Ph.D. (Wisconsin), is Honorary Professor in the Super-computer Education and Research Centre, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. Earlier, Prof. Rajaraman was Professor of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering at IIT Kanpur (1963-1982), Professor of Computer Science, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (1982-1994) and IBM Professor of Information Technology, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (1994-2001).
A pioneer in computer science education and research in India, Prof. Rajaraman was awarded the prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize in 1976. He is also the recipient of Homi Bhabha Prize by U.G.C., Om Prakash Basin award, ISTE award for excellence in teaching computer engineering, Rustom Choksi award, Zaheer Medal by the Indian National Science Academy and Padma Bhushan by the President of India in 1998. An author of several well established and highly successful computer books, Prof. Rajaraman has also published many research papers in national and international journals.
- Author(s)V. Rajaraman
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.