All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a unique introduction to interval analysis, which has grown steadily in popularity over the past 40 years. An update of Ramon Moore's previous books on the topic, it gives broad coverage of the subject as well as the historical perspective of one of the originators of modern interval analysis. The authors provide a hands-on introduction to INTLAB, a high-quality, comprehensive MATLAB(R) toolbox for interval computations, making this the first interval analysis book that does with INTLAB what general numerical analysis texts do with MATLAB. The book combines a gentle introduction and simple motivating examples for those t previously familiar with the subject, with reference material (as a bibliography and appendices) that will continue to be valuable once the subject is familiar.
- Author BiographyRamon E. Moore authored Interval Analysis (Prentice-Hall, 1966), Methods and Applications of Interval Analysis (SIAM, 1979), and numerous related publications. Now retired, he was professor of computer science and/or mathematics from 1965 through 2000 at universities in Ohio, Texas, and Wisconsin as well as visiting professor in Stockholm, Oxford, Karlsruhe, and Freiburg. From 1950 until 1965 he worked in the area of computational mathematics at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, UC Radiation Lab in Livermore, and Lockheed Research Labs in Palo Alto. He received an Alexander von Humboldt Foundation-US Senior Scientist Award in 1975. R. Baker Kearfott has authored a monograph on mathematically rigorous numerical methods for nonlinear algebraic systems of equations and nonlinear optimization problems, organized a major international conference on interval computations, edited several conference volumes, and provided several software packages for interval computations. He has been on the faculty of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette since 1977 and has participated in various modeling projects at the University of Louisiana and while at Exxon Research and Engineering. Michael J. Cloud has been a faculty member in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Lawrence Technological University since 1987 and currently holds the rank of Associate Professor. He has coauthored seven other books.
- Author(s)Michael J. Cloud,R. Baker Kearfott,Ramon E. Moore
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/04/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight430 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.