All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA practical introduction to one of today's most exciting and rapidly growing areas of polymer science. Introduction to Iomers affords chemists, engineers, and graduate students an opportunity to familiarize themselves quickly and thoroughly with one of today's most commercially important classes of polymers. Featuring a balanced, fully integrated presentation of basic science and state-of-the-art applications, the book provides the depth of kwledge researchers need to make optimal use of established iomeric processes or to develop new systems of their own. The book's primary conceptual thrust is the relationship between polymeric architecture and polymeric morphology and properties when affected by ionic groups. While it provides in-depth coverage of all common classes of iomeric materials--including polystyrenes, polyethylenes, polyurethanes, and polyacrylics--n-crystalline materials are emphasized over partly-crystalline materials. Co-author Adi Eisenberg, a leading iomer pioneer and invator, provides a uniquely intimate historical perspective on the field as it has developed over the past three decades. Newcomers to iomers will appreciate the authors' clear and methodical presentations of difficult concepts, designed to promote rapid mastery of the core principles involved. The product of an exhaustive survey of the huge and rapidly growing world literature on the subject, Introduction to Iomers is also an excellent resource for experienced professionals attempting to stay abreast of important recent developments in the field.
- Author BiographyADI EISENBERG, PhD, is Otto Maass Professor of Chemistry at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. JOON-SEOP KIM, PhD, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Polymer Science and Engineering at Chosun University in Kwangju, Korea.
- Author(s)Adi Eisenberg,Joon-Seop Kim
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/1998
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight656 g
- Width166 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.