All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction to Linear Elasticity, 3rd Edition provides an applications-oriented grounding in the tensor-based theory of elasticity for students in mechanical, civil, aeronautical, biomedical engineering, as well as materials and earth science. The book is distinct from the traditional text aimed at graduate students in solid mechanics by introducing its subject at a level appropriate for advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate students. The author's presentation allows students to apply the basic tions of stress analysis and move on to advanced work in continuum mechanics, plasticity, plate and shell theory, composite materials, and finite method analysis.
- Author BiographyDr. Phillip L. Gould was the Harold D. Jolley Professor of Civil Engineering from 1981 until 2010 and is now a Senior Professor at Washington University in St.Louis. His research activities have centered on shell analysis with applications to finite element modeling, biomedical engineering, earthquake engineering, and the structural design of thin-shell structures. Dr. Gould is the author of numerous papers and several books and is the founding editor of the prestigious journal, Engineering Structures. He has served as a consultant to industry and to governmental organizations and has received numerous awards for his research, professional and educational activities.
- Author(s)Phillip L Gould
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/04/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight563 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 2013
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.