All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook provides an easy-to-understand introduction to the complex topic of vaccine research and development. It gives a comprehensive though clearly arranged insight to the most important aspects of molecular vaccilogy, leading from the basics in immulogy, to design of vaccines and mode of action of vaccines to the actual formulation, manufacturing and registration of vaccines. The volume is therefore a valuable text about modern vaccilogy for graduate students and a basic introduction for newcomers in vaccine design and development.
- Author BiographyMatthias Giese has studied Molecular Biology and Biochemistry at the Saarland University/Germany. He got a first PhD in Immunology in the German Cancer Research Center/ Heidelberg. In 1994, after Matthias Giese has joined the pharmaceutical industry some years ago, his team in Vienna/ Austria started the first European multicenter clinical trial with a personalized genetic engineered anti-melanoma vaccine. Also Animal Health was interested in his expertise in modern vaccine technologies and so he changed the company and headed from now on a program on innovative vaccine approaches for the next years. His sabbatical leave from the industry was a return back to the academic roots. At Leipzig University/ Germany Matthias Giese got a major PhD (venia legendi) in Molecular Virology. Currently he is working again for the human pharmaceutical industry and additionally he teaches graduate students as associate professor. His focus is on neoantigenes, therapeutical vaccines, and the interaction with immune checkpoint modifiers as combination therapy. Matthias Giese is author and editor of Molecular Vaccines - From Prophylaxis to Therapy and an enthusiastic mountain marathon runner.
- Author(s)Matthias Giese
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication12/03/2016
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note188 black & white illustrations, 31 colour illustrations, 55 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1192 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.69Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.