All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis introduction to neurolinguistics is intended for anybody who wants to acquire a grounding in the field. It was written for students of linguistics and communication disorders, but students of psychology, neuroscience and other disciplines will also find it valuable. The introductory section presents the theories, models and frameworks underlying modern neurolinguistics. Then the neurolinguistic aspects of different components of language - phology, morphology, lexical semantics, and semantics-pragmatics in communication - are discussed. The third section examines reading and writing, bilingualism, the evolution of language, and multimodality. The book also contains three resource chapters, one on techniques for investigating the brain, ather on modeling brain functions, and a third that introduces the basic concepts of neuroanatomy and neurophysiology. This text provides an up-to-date linguistic perspective, with a special focus on semantics and pragmatics, evolutionary perspectives, neural network modeling and multimodality, areas that have been less central in earlier introductory works.
- Author(s)Elisabeth Ahlsen
- PublisherJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Date of Publication19/07/2006
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.